About the golf program
At the Institute for Athletic Medicine, we know a golfer’s first concern is to stay in the game. We know, too, that an injury, regardless of cause, can throw off even the best golf game. Introducing The Golf Program, a specialized rehabilitation program designed to put injured amateur and competitive golfers back in the swing. With an understanding of the unique biomechanical requirements and demands of the game, physical therapists from the Institute for Athletic Medicine work with you for quick and effective rehabilitation.
The golf injury assessment
A comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation helps physical therapists assess the causes of your injury. The golf injury assessment includes:
- Complete examination and treatment of your injury.
- Testing of golf-specific muscle strength, flexibility, and range-of-motion.
- A biomechanical assessment of your golf swing including a high-speed video analysis.
- Individualized golf-specific exercise prescription to enhance your strength and flexibility to minimize re-injury.
- Follow up with your organization or teaching professional.
You will need to bring the following items to your golf injury assessment:
- Comfortable clothing
- Golf clubs including short iron, mid-iron, long iron and wood
- Mid-iron club for swing analysis
Physical therapists who understand the unique demands of golf are available for group or individual educational presentations. Available topics include:
- Care and prevention of golf injuries
- Off-season conditioning
- Golf-specific warm up exercises
- Playing golf after back pain
- Treatment of golf injury
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Bloomington
- 600 West 98th Street #390A
- Bloomington, MN 55420-4773
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Columbia Heights
- 4000 Central Ave. NE
- Columbia Heights, MN 55421
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Golden Valley
- 8301 Golden Valley Road, Suite 202
- Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Maple Grove / Arbor Lakes
- 12000 Elm Creek Blvd N #120, Arbor Lakes Medical Office Building
- Maple Grove, MN 55369-7074
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Plymouth / City Center
- Plymouth City Center Medical Bldg. 15655 37th Ave. N, #250
- Plymouth, MN 55446