Chiropractic is a branch of physical medicine that diagnoses and treats problems of the spine, muscles and nerves. Doctors of Chiropractic (D.C.) are able to manipulate or adjust the spine, pelvis and extremities in order to restore normal motion and function to areas of dysfunction.
For optimal results, it may be necessary to treat the surrounding muscles and soft tissue. This can be done using postural modalities. These effective modalities include: manual or instrument assisted tissue stretching, ultrasound therapy, electrical stimulation and/or acupuncture. Through accurate diagnosis and custom therapy plans, our chiropractors can effectively treat acute or chronic conditions including spinal and pelvic pain, pain radiating into the limbs, joints and extremities, and all types of muscular dysfunction.
IAM chiropractors work closely with physical therapy, occupational therapy, orthopedic and neurology teams to ensure appropriate diagnosis, rapid recovery and quality care. Most patients complete their chiropractic treatment in four to five visits.
Chiropractic care is used to help people return to work and play after an injury, surgery or illness. Our physical therapists and chiropractors work together with physicians to create a treatment plan to:
- Evaluate acute and chronic muscle and joint conditions
- Reduce inflammation and pain
- Restore posture and balance to muscles and joints
- Improve circulation and stretch tight muscles and ligaments
- Promote muscle strengthening, endurance, and flexibility
- Teach proper body mechanics and self-care to prevent re-injury
This sort of treatment does NOT require a referral. Call your insurance plan for coverage details. For more information or to schedule an appointment with an IAM chiropractor, call 612-672-7100.
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Blaine/Fairview Sports and Orthopedic Care
- 10961 Club W. Pkwy. NE, Suite 200
- Blaine, MN 55449
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Burnsville
- 14101 Fairview Dr., Suite 300, Fairview Ridges Specialty Care Center
- Burnsville, MN 55337-2537
- 952-892-2650, Appointments: 612-672-7100
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Eagan
- 3305 Central Park Village Dr.
- Eagan, MN 55121
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Eden Prairie
- 775 Prairie Center Drive Suite 250
- Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Edina
- 6545 France Ave S., Suite 450, Southdale Medical Building
- Edina, MN 55435